Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You are so much more

Have you ever had those days when you are just so overwhelmed by the beauty of Gods creation that you can hardly speak? Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like everything is just going to, somehow, workout? Have you ever had those days when you wish you could just freeze time? Have you ever had one of those days when joy is the only thing you can feel? Have you ever had one of those days when, no matter how much work you may need to get done, all you can bare to do is sit in the warmth of the sun? Have you ever had one of those days when God has reminded you that in Him all things are held together? Have you ever had one of those days when you want to cry, not because you are sad or stressed or angry or scared, but because you simply don't know how else to express what you are feeling?

Today has been one of those days for me. It has been beautiful. Praise God.

I woke up a lot later than planned today, but I am ok with it. My body needed to sleep. I mailed a letter to my dear friend and a present to Zach (be pumped, btw) and then I went to lunch. It ended up being just a few of us there, but enjoyable. After lunch I started walking with James and we got to talk for a while. I don't have class on Tuesdays (thank you, Lord) so I decided to just keep talking to him for a while. We went to his car, got his hammock and set it up outside of the library. We sat in his hammock for nearly 3 hours. He worked on Greek, I just relaxed and took in the beauty of the day. It was 70 degrees, clear skies, sunny, no humidity and a cool breeze. Aka PERFECT. The hammock drew a ton of attention, as was to be expected. Johnny walked by and ended up hanging out for close to an hour. He rocked the hammock, and I almost fell asleep. It was wonderful. People came and went, we chatted for a while and they went on their way. I just stayed in the hammock, realizing I had a ton of civ homework and physiology reading, but I couldn't bring myself to leave. I loved hanging out with James... it had been way to long. I came back to my room and started some homework, then Lauren called me. I thought about keeping the convo short so I could be productive, but I decided talking to my friend was way more fun. We talked, we laughed. It was nice.

God is good. He is so faithful. In the midst of the struggles of this year, He alone is sustaining me. I am constantly amazed.

My word, what a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This made me smile!

I love you, bffae.

It was good to read this.