Thursday, October 1, 2009

The moon and the stars declare who You are

This has been an exceptionally good week. Seriously. I don't know what happened, but I am so grateful to get to experience times like these. It has definitely been a chance to shake off the past week and be renewed, ready to take on whatever is next. God is so good. He is so faithful. I hate how easily I loose faith in that sometimes.

I have been blessed to have a week that is test free! Gosh, that is so rare this year. Unfortunately, I have been lacking some motivation to do my day to day homework this week, but at the same time I am just trying to soak up these moments while I can. :)!

Yesterday we had a Civ reading. We started Dante's Inferno in Civ, and as tradition, the professors take turns reading (and sometimes acting) out the poem for us on random nights during the week. I went last night with Johnny and Julian. I found it to be rather enjoyable and helpful... plus it forced me to actually read the poem, not just sparknote it ;). I enjoy it, which is really rare for me with Lit. Then, I got back to my room and got to skype with Molly. I must say, one of the most fun skype experiences to date! Haha. Love you Molly!

Today was nice because, as is the norm this week, the weather was perfect. I got out of nutrition early (PTL!) and got to sit on a bench outside with my friend Julie and chat for a bit. I also called Zach for his birthday, and we had a sufficiently awkward, yet humorous, phone call! Zach, you are welcome ;). Then I went to Old Navy with Amanda and Kristen and I actually bought a dress!!! I never buy clothes, so it was a big moment for me. I like it! It is black, and fairly simple, but a good investment I think. On the way to Old Navy, Andrew called me. It was lovely. Certainly put a huge smile on my face! After I got back and did some more Civ homework, I went out to our football game. We won 27-0. We have played 4 games since preseason ended, and a team has yet to score on us! Woop. Then I came back to my room and got a wonderful phone call from Eric! Very enjoyable. I am glad we got to catch up a bit. I also talked to my dad today like twice on the phone discussing some summer stuff (more on that in a bit) and I also called my gma today so we could catch up. It has been a day of phone calls for me. I like it! Haha.

Now, for my big news: This afternoon, I interviewed to work as a counselor at Sky Ranch this summer! It is so crazy how this has all been happening. I had really been thinking about working at a camp this summer for a long time. I initially thought about it last semester and continued to think about it through this summer, but thats as far as it went. Well, lately (like the past week or two), I have been thinking about it A LOT! I started researching various camps on Sunday. I looked at a few, then came across Sky Ranch. It is in the Tyler area, so immediately it had some extra appeal. I looked at the website and read about the camp and all that. It quickly moved to the top of my list, but I was still going to look at some more. Well, I walked into the GC today to check my mail and grab some lunch and what do I see... a table set up with people from Sky Ranch recruiting!! Seriously?! I got so excited and decided to go over and talk to them. They were very nice, of course, and we talked a bit about how I heard of this camp and what got me thinking about working at one. Then they asked me what my schedule was like for the day because they were going to be doing interviews. I explained that I had class from 2-5 so I wouldn't be able to interview in person. But then, the guy sitting there looked at the schedule and was like, "Actually, we have ONE spot open for an interview right now. Would you be interested?" So I said YES! Ha. So out of my comfort zone, but soooo cool. So this girl Tamara walked over with me to these couches and we had an interview. It lasted a little over an hour. It was so cool. I felt like we related really well, so although it was an interview, there were a number of times when it just felt like conversation. So cool. I think it went really well! She took my picture (unfortunately I looked GROSS today) and then I went on my way. I still need to actually apply to this camp, but I felt really good about the interview today. Gosh, I am definitely praying for this. It is such a good opportunity for me. She even told me today, "we are not a sports camp... we are much more focused on relationships." Umm... PERF! haha. I am just SO excited about it all. Plus, I only work for 6 weeks. So, I still get to go see my dad and go to Houston. It is most certainly a win win win for me. :) I will keep you updated.

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACHARY! (now I have covered all my bases. mhmm)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

1. I'm excited about SkyRanch. it sounds muy bueno...mostly cause it's so close to Dallas ;)

2. You didn't cover all your bases, silly. You COMPLETELY forgot to mention me. Rude.

3. I forgive you. We can go back to being bffae's now ;)

Jessie said...

wooo SkyRanch! i know people that have worked there and LOVED it! if you wanna know anything more about it, i can ask my big! :)