Tuesday, October 6, 2009

House of God Forever

So, after reading Molly's blog in which she listed out some blessings in her life, I was greatly inspired to make a list of my own. So, enjoy!

1. Best friends
2. Cooking dinner for my friends
3. Doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen for a very stressed Amanda, sick Kristen and working Kacie
4. Surprise parties (Happy birthday, James!)
5. Cookie cake
6. Juba (Johnny's puppy)
7. Cancelled football games ;)
8. Days without class
9. Life lessons... lots and lots of them
10. Random, and epic, handshakes in the hall
11. Making civ jokes with Johnny
12. Hope beyond all reason
13. Getting an excellent education (even when I complain so much about it)
14. Pen pals
15. Encouraging emails
16. Hugs
17. Phone calls with people I love
18. A God that has been sustaining me
19. Opportunities to practice/work on my "woman skills"
20. Chances to serve others/show them my love
21. Unanswered questions
22. Care packages (coming soon, so I am told)
23. Awesome grandparents that I am so close to
24. Skype
25. Forgiveness
26. New/growing friendships
27. Being able to look at a breathtaking skyline
28. Pictures
29. Optimism
30. Going home for Thanksgiving

God is so good. I am so blessed. I pray that when my own pessimism wants to take over, I can stop and look at all the things God has given me. He is so faithful, I am so undeserving. What a beautiful thing Grace is.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

favorite post :)

Praise the Lord! gah. He is so good.

Molly R said...

Woohooo! Second style reference today ;) (Erin also posted a list, and said that she'd post "Molly-style" haha).

But this made me smile :).

Zach said...

Your title made me happy :)