Monday, September 14, 2009

Ring by November

I knew that title would get your attention. Danielle gave me that suggestion earlier today. That shouldn't surprise anyone. But seriously, I am so sick of school! I want to just drop out and get married. I even had a dream the other night that I changed my major from nursing to marriage. No joke. I don't know how this was possible in my dream, but it happened. It did involved me transferring to lonestar... ha.

School is wearing me out! I am exhausted all the time! I seriously can't remember the last time I was so tired. I just want to sleep. This is party due to the fact that I only got 2 and a half hours of sleep on Saturday, but mostly because school has completely drained me. For example, today I ended up being in class from 9-7:30... my only breaks were chapel from 10-10:50 and a 30 minute dinner break. Ugh. It was awful. Then I came back and wrote a paper for extra credit for civ. I can't bring myself to think anymore tonight... good thing I don't have class tomorrow. Sophmore year is no fun at all.

These past couple of days have been exceptionally discouraging. However, there is definitely a bright side to it all. I have been experiencing these discouragements from a variety of sources, and I haven't seemed to be able to catch much of break. If this were last year, the combination of all the junk would have destroyed me, but God is so good! There is no explanation other than that He is taking care of me. Gosh, God has just been working on my heart. He truly is sustaining me, and I am so grateful.

One thing He has been teaching me is how to be fully satisfied in Him. It is a real struggle for me, because there are so many things of this world I seem to want. Even if I desire "good" things, they will never satisfy me like the love of Christ will. That needs to be enough for me. I am learning that, and it sometimes hurts, but after all the things of this world are gone, He is still more than enough for me. :)

In other news, Julian texted us all today asking if we would pitch in to buy Jared a new longboard. These things are NOT cheap at all, but everyone was really generous and it got ordered tonight! He has no idea, and I am so excited! I don't have a lot of money, and I am pretty much always stressed about it, but I was just filled with joy at the opportunity to pitch in. He is going to be so happy! Gosh, I can't wait for him to get it.

My dad is ordering me new TOMS! I can't wait. Gah! I had just been thinking in the past week or so how I really wanted a new pair... and then today my dad just asked if I wanted new ones! Yay!

I downloaded some new Miley and Regina. It does wonders for my mood. Mhmm. I also got to talk to Kyle a bit today! It was so exciting. And tomorrow I get to have lunch with Sarah, my RD from last year. I love her so much. :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Even if I desire "good" things, they will never satisfy me like the love of Christ will

I like this. Nicely said, friend.

And I'm excited about your TOMS too...just remember "GLITTER GOLD!" ;)

Molly R said...

Praying for you! Love you, girl. Keep it up!!!!!