Thursday, September 24, 2009

If I had time

I finished my journey through Matthew this moring. It has taken me a little over a month, but I stayed committed and finished it. Today I read through the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. I pray that this never looses its ability to amaze me. When I initially started reading through Matthew, I found myself thinking at times "oh, I know this story" and I would just quickly read through this. But, I don't ever want the Word to become something I can take so lightly. Reading today reminded me of the price Christ paid, for us! He knows I don't deserve it. He knows I screw up constantly. He knew that humans would continue to be imperfect and sinful, yet He died anyway. Gosh, I am so thankful! I don't have any words that could do this justice, so I think I am just going to stick with "wow" for now.

Reading through this today really made me want to take another class at OBU called Life of Christ! Of course, I don't have anytime in my schedule, but as I prepare to continue to go through the gospels, I can't help but wish that I had time to take this class! James took it last year, and Kacie and Johnny are in it this year. As you can imagine, all I hear is how wonderful it is and how much they learn! I know I am in the right major, but sometimes I wish they gave us a chance to have at least one elective... because I would definitely take Lif of Christ.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Thank you for this. Amen!