Friday, September 11, 2009

Long Time No Post

It has been a while. Needless to say, things have been a bit hectic. So here is an update. I am sure it will be boring, but it's cool. ;)

Labor Day Weekend:
This was a very fun weekend! I decided to pretend like I wasn't a student (bad idea) and just have fun! Sometime on Friday I went to the girls house to hang out and ending up not even getting back to my room until Monday evening. It was awesome. I had brought laundry to do over there, and I already had a toothbrush, so there was really no need for me to go back to my room. It was nice. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them all weekend. Kristin was out of town visiting her bf, so I got her bed for the weekend! Bonus. Amanda's new boyfriend, Evan, came to visit as well. He is a good guy! I definitely approve. He got here on Friday and he and Amanda went to the city and Kacie was at work, so I had the house to myself (except for the few times Julian popped in). It was kind of nice to just chill. On Saturday we all slept in, which was awesome. Julian, Kacie, Amanda, Evan and I went to lunch and then just hung around. That evening we went to the city to go to Hobby Lobby. Always fun, although I am like a 5 year old and feel the need to touch every single thing I walk by. After that we went to, you guessed it, Chick-Fil-A. Words could not describe my joy. I was so happy. We headed back to Shawnee and hung out. I got to skype with Zach and just hang out with everyone. Sunday morning was church. It was about marriage... of course I loved it. Ha. Then Panera. Yumm. Sunday night we decided to go to the bridge and hang our heads off! Luke's brother, Nick, and I had never been before, so it was especially exciting! It is terrifying and awesome. The semi's get so close to your head! Ha. While on the bridge Luke and I were doing cartwheels. I had done a couple successful ones and impressed everyone, but I couldn't leave good enough alone. I went for another, and as my entire body went into the air, my hand slipped in the sand. I landed rather hard on my side. Of course it was witnessed by all. Ha. It was hilarious... but my hip is still bruised. As we left the bridge we went to pick up the boys who were longboarding in Lowes parking lot, which is apparently one of the best places around here to board. So, they all got in Nick's car and came back to the house. We ended up fitting 9 people in his 5 seater. It was really awesome! Monday was a chill/try and start homework day. Nothing too special.

This past week has been insane. Very difficult, very stressful etc. Yesterday was the first day I really got emotional about anything. I just wanted to be home so bad, and I was so overwhelmed with school. I cried 2 different times... all before noon! It was a long day. As I was studying, Amanda called and asked if I wanted a starbucks break, and of course I said yes. I needed it. Today I had 2 tests and then 2 hours of Civ. It was long! Ha. Thank goodness for naps.

Last night we had our first flag football game... and we won! We are the Lagomorphs. We picked our team name by opening the dictionary and pointing to a random word. I know you are dying to know, so here is the definition
Lagomorph: an order of mammals that comprises the hares, rabbits, and pikas. They are distinguished by the possession of double incisor teeth.
Yep, that is our team! Ha. I play on the offensive line. I would rather stand there and get hit the entire game than have to run and catch. Ha. Plus, I can take a hit... I can't exactly run well. I took a few really hard hits last night... but it is all part of the game! After we won, James gathered us all together and gave us a speech about how horribly we played and how much we work we have left to do. So encouraging ;)! Ha. We play tomorrow at 10:00am, and if we win that game we play again at 11:00am, and if we win that game we play again at 12:00pm. I am praying we loose at least at 11! Haha.

I am going to leave you with this note that Julian wrote on my phone last year:
Hey dude, don't get down about all the studying you have been doing cause you're going to save a life someday!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Look at you miss busybody! ha. I'm glad you are getting to hang with other ppl (and pretend not to be a student for a while ;).

In other news, I love you.

The end.