Friday, June 5, 2009

It happens every year.

So, I am not one to lay out and get tan. If I lay out, or spend any significant time in the sun, I burn! This is pretty much without fail. I envy people who can actually tan. My body simply does not allow that. It is always one extreme or the other; pale white or lobster red. Well, today I entered the lobster red phase. :/ I do it to myself every times, so I have no one to blame. There have been times, like after prom last year, when I refused to wear sunscreen because I was so desperate for a tan, and I paid the price. Then there are times, like today, when it genuinely doesn't occur to me to put on sunscreen. Well, here I am, paying the price. I realize this can't be good for my skin, but it happens every year! Dang. Tomorrow we are headed to Lake Conroe for some good time at Lauren's boat. Needless to say, I am going to bring plenty of sunscreen, and pray that I remember to apply it more than once!! 

In other news I got a cute dress from Old Navy. Now, this might sound absurd because I am unbelievably broke right now, but I ended up only paying $4.02 out of my own pocket! :) You see, my grandparents had gotten me an Old Navy gift card for my birthday and I had bought some shorts and a shirt with it, but I still had $12 on it. I decided to save it because I was bound to want something later, and if I saved the card and didn't waste the money on something silly then whatever my next purchase was would be $12 cheaper! I am rather satisfied with my purchase (consider I never actually buy something when I go shopping) and my cautious spending. :)

3 comments:

JCo said...

haha girllll you have not seen what accutane does in the sun :) you will not be the only burnt one for long...ha

Danielle said...

oh girl i fell ya! I don't think God wants ginges to be tan. EVER. in fact, I'm not even sure God wants LG to be tan! haha. But that's a whole nother story...

Danielle said...

wow. i just wrote "i fell ya".

I need to go back asleep.