Sunday, June 21, 2009

Exhaustion.

Man, what a weekend! It certainly was not "restful," but it sure was great. On Friday I saw Year One... which I found to be awful. I don't recommend it. Then DG and I had a lot of errands to run. I finally got home and got a very small amount of sleep before waking up and heading to the church for the volunteer day for VBS. We were there from 10-3. It was great to help out on a variety of different projects and be Danielle's right hand man. Ha. However, we were both completely worn out by the time we got back to her house. We decided to just take it easy for the rest of the night, which was a great decision. We rented He's Just Not That Into You. I really really liked it! It was really cute and entertaining. Plus, picking characters always adds to the experience. ;)! We went to bed pretty early, but woke up at 5:45 to start the day. We went about the usual Sunday routine, and I was feeling rather sick, which probably made me really lame to be around. Sorry. Then we went to Danielle's grandparents for Father's Day lunch. We weren't there long before we headed back to the church to get to work on all things VBS. It was so tiring. My feet are throbbing. But, it was so worth it! I am bummed I won't get to actually help out at VBS because of lame summer school, so it was really nice to get to help out on all the behind the scenes stuff. Plus, it was really neat to see all that goes into planning these things. I think VBS is going to be great! I will be praying for it and supporting it from afar ;).

Speaking of school, I only have 2 and a half more weeks! Praise the Lord. That is only 10 more days of class! I am so happy. I strongly dislike school, and I am ready to have a summer now!! Plus, I get to see my dad really soon. I am definitely looking forward to it. This trip is going to be so fun! There are a lot of things planned and I am so excited that Danielle gets to do all these fun things with me. So cool.

Lately I have really been focusing on the mission statement of my church in Oklahoma, so I will leave you with that. Love God. Love People. Push Back Darkness.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

YAY VBS! ha. Thanks again for helping with all that stuff! It would def. not been as much fun w/o you.

Andrew said...

He's Just Not That Into You was both one of my least favorite movies and one of the best movie experiences I've had in a long time. I saw it with about 50 sorority girls.

I should note that my problems with the movie had nothing to do with cheesiness or formula... I was fine with those parts. Glad you enjoyed it, though.