Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Hope is coming for me"

My goodness, summer has flown by! I can't believe it. Where did the time go? I am so not ready to head back to school...

I found out my rooming situation Thursday! I will be living in Howard (which is the dorm I wanted). It is suites, so definitely a step up from where I lived last year! They are older, so they are the same price as where I used to live... so that is definitely a bonus. However, I am really nervous about the whole situation! The three other girls (who are bffs) have decided to put all the beds in one room and make the other room a living room kind of area. This is nerve-wracking for a few reasons. 1) I don't know these girls at all 2) I now have 3 roommates, not just one 3) Privacy is something I will have to kiss goodbye 4) Sleeping schedules will probably be rather different 5) We will probably need to buy a lot for our "living room" and I have no money! Yikes. I am praying this turns out well... or at the very least bearable. I am definitely nervous though.

Danielle, Lauren, Danica and I (we missed you Jessie) had a girls night in the Woodlands. It was fun getting dressed up and going out. I think that is nice for girls to do every so often. Ha. We had some interesting encounters with some waiters while at dinner. It was terribly awkward, yet very funny.

I haven't really started packing yet. I am just so deep in my denial I can't imagine packing. Plus, I need to UNpack all my stuff from when I moved home in order to REpack in a more organized manner. It is pretty overwhelming actually. Ha. I can't bring myself to throw anything away... so I have so much more stuff than I will ever need. So far all I have managed to really pack is my bedding and my coats and sweaters. Not much of an accomplishment, but it is something.

This week is going to be a good one! :)
Monday: Lunch with Danielle (and hopefully LG)
LAST bdbt! Gah. This is actually really sad... but I am just going to enjoy it while I can!
Tuesday: Lunch with Andrew!
Dinner with Molly and her Mama (as well as Bethany and Kate). Ha this sounds fun!
Wednesday: Dinner with Zachary! :)
Roadside/BITB
Thursday-Saturday afternoon: AUSTIN! I love going to see my family in Austin.

Goodness, there is a lot of food in my future! I hope my poor stomach can handle it. I also plan on taking a lot of pictures this coming week... and the one to follow. Let's hope I hold to that. I want to leave with as many documented memories as possible. Haha.

Coming off of a very rough week, I am reminded of one of my go to passages, so I will leave you all with that:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
So we do not loose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Ha. Your poor stomach is going to just cave in. Good luck with all those meals ;) I'm glad i'm getting one of the first ones.