Saturday, August 1, 2009

Freak Out!

Summer is ending. OH NO!!!! Say it ain't so!! I am dreading going back to OBU. I mean, I am in prayer about it, and will approach this year with a positive attitude, etc, but I still have no desire to go back. I want summer to last forever.

I started organizing my boxes and trying to neatly repack all my belongings today. However, I quickly got really sad and had to take a break! Plus, I started realizing how many things I still need to do before I go back! I have been in total denial about school... and now my to do list is a mile long. Oops. I am sure I will get it all done though, but I definitely have to stop avoiding reality.

I ordered my last 10 books today. Whew. What a relief. I love amazon... it has saved me SO much money it is ridiculous. I have a total of 20 books for this coming semester. A handful of them are novels... but still! It is absurd. Sheesh.

As much as I don't want to get back to school, I love school supplies. I have had a fun time organizing my pens, pencils, spirals, notecards (plain white as well as multicolored), and my lovely hilighters! Yay! Being nerdy is so much fun sometimes.

There are some fun things I need to do in preparation:
-Pick out new pictures for my dorm
-Organize all the cards//letters I received last year
-Get together things that remind me of home
-(I am still looking for something special for my dorm room. I realize this is vague... but I want to be able to have something with meaning to me)

Speaking of dorm rooms... I STILL DON'T HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE! or a roommate!!! Bah. This little fact is starting to really stress me... but hopefully OBU steps up their game soon and fixes this little problem.

I realize this post is really scatterbrained... but that is how my mind is right now, so I can't really help it. Going back should be easier the second time around... but it is definitely not. I want to say it might even be harder. I have gotten a lot closer to some people this summer that I was not expecting. I am definitely glad, because I love genuinely getting to know people and having close friendships, but it is not making leaving any easier. I also know what I am going back to at OBU, at least initially, so I am pretty sad. I am just going to miss summer, and miss home, so much. I am becoming an emotional wreck... but it's ok! I have accepted this is how I will be for the next 3 weeks or so... then my routine will take over and I will adjust fine.

To make this year a little more bearable, I want to keep writing letters!!! It seriously helped me so much last year. So, if I don't have your address, or if it changed since last year, give it to me please! :) Mine is:

Marie Evans
500 West University
OBU Box 60415
Shawnee, OK 74804

2 comments:

Zach said...

11919 Gardenglen dr.
Houston, TX 77070

got the reference, btw!

JCo said...

so i dunno if you still have my address...but JUST in case :)

TCU Box 291103
Fort Worth, TX 76129