Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting in anticipation

Thanks to the New Orleans Saints website, I now have the official countdown for the kickoff of the 2010 season. 21 days. 8 hours. 48 minutes.

Football season is so close I can almost taste it. That is why (even though everyone judges me) I do love preseason. It is a small dose of the thing I am so eagerly awaiting. It helps to build the excitement. What is not to love? Plus, in preseason you get to see the guys who are truly fighting for their jobs. You see the nobody's who have been counted out work hard to reach their dream. It is awesome! Plus, that mentality that is seen in these players during the preseason can really lend itself to some pretty fantastic plays. And that, my friends, is inspiring.

To add to my football season anticipation, I have been reading Drew Brees's book, Coming Back Stronger. It has been an awesome read so far. You probably don't care, but I have loved it. And let's be honest, that's what matters. ;)

And now, I want to leave you with the last image I recall from the 2009 season. What a wonderful day. And let me tell you... it never gets old! :)

Main Image

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I support this addiction.

Casie said...

Ahhh yes. THAT day. Please tell me you brought both jerseys w/you again.