Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Fever Time Ten

So I finally finished Coming Back Stronger today. It. Was. Wonderful. Seriously, I totally love reading stories like this. I just really enjoying hearing (or reading) peoples stories. Everyone has really had such different experiences, so it is really neat to me to see where people come from and how they get to where they are. Plus, I am just a huge Drew Brees fan, so naturally I am a little biased. Anyway, to get to the point, I was finishing up the book today and came to a part of the book in which Drew tells the story of when he found out about his wife's second pregnancy. Maybe it is just because I totally have baby fever, but I just started crying as I read this. So, naturally, I figured I would share with the rest of you! Enjoy ;)

"By the time I got home that night it was really late, but I wasn't about to sleep. My mind was whirling, trying to take in everything that had happened. Not long after nodding off, I woke to the sound of Brittany and Baylen enjoying a loud, music-filled breakfast. They like to play the sound track from Glee, with Brittany singing at the top of her lungs while Baylen throws food all over the floor and claps. Life is good. I came downstairs and held Brittany in my arms for a long time.
"We did it," I said.
" I know, baby. I am so proud of you. You are so blessed- do you know that?" Then after a
pause, she said, "How did you manage to win the Super Bowl and get your wife pregnant?"
I stared at her.
"That's right. I just took a pregnancy test. Baby Brees number two was there with us at the game."
I had no words. I held her as the tears gathered in my eyes. She was right-I am truly blessed."
Just retyping that made me tear up all over again. I just loved that. I mean, I loved all of the book... but specifically that part just warmed my heart. Simply beautiful.

and ps: 17 days. 21 hours. 34 minutes. It is almost here. ;)


1 comment:

Casie said...

You caught me. I teared up too. I get to see you in THREE days!