Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is this real life?

By that I mean: am I seriously starting nursing school in the morning?! Where did the time go? Don't get me wrong, I am so glad that these past two years are over and done with. But let's face it, they went by fast! I am hoping that these next two years will go by fast as well. I am excited to get into my major and start learning very practical things, but I am also really intimidated. I have heard such awful horror stories of this year. My goal is to not get to into my head about it before class even starts. I want to be able to just focus and do what I need to do.

I am encouraged that through all the chaos and stress my Lord is my stronghold. He will lift me out of the miry clay and place my feet on solid ground. My prayer is that my focus remain on the Lord, regardless of what my emotions are doing. And let's be honest, lately my emotions are doing whatever the heck they want. But I do not want my emotions to lead me going into this semester. I am so grateful that the Lord is steadfast in His love and never changing. This semester will test me greatly, but my hope is that through it I will grow ten fold.

I have so many thoughts I would love to be able to write out, but I can't quite put it all into words. So, I will probably wait and just post after I get going with school. I will let you all know how it goes. If you would like, pray for me through this semester! It is going to be an interesting one. I am excited to see what the Lord does in me this year. Love you and miss you all. Texas is not far from my heart.

ps: 14 days. 20 hours. 47 minutes.

No comments: