Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful.

I feel like it is only right to make a list of what I am thankful for on such a holiday as this.

1. Christ died for me.
2. Conviction and the subsequent brokenness.
3. Joy.
4. My health. (for the most part ;))
5. My grandmother for teaching me how to make thanksgiving dinner.
6. My aunt for being so loud and full of life.
7. My grandpa for always telling me I am his favorite.
8. My uncle for his sarcasm.
9. My cousin for being so young and joyful.
10. Skype so I could see my dad today.
11. Campfires on the back porch.
12. Smores.
13. Learning to cook a thanksgiving feast.
14. Pictures.
15. Football.
16. Napping in my grandma's bed.
17. Yahtzee.
18. Hot chocolate.
19. Bottled rootbeer, dr pepper and ginger ale.
20. Cypress, Texas.
21. Wonderful friends.
22. Great conversation.
23. Life lessons.
24. Incredible encouragement.
25. Mexican food.
26. Hope.
27. BFFAE.
28. Gift giving.
29. Desserts. Lots of desserts.
30. Beautiful friendship.
31. Houston Northwest.
32. A comfortable and peaceful home.
33. Peace.
34. Faith.
35. Excitement.

There is so much more I am thankful for... but these just came to my mind in thinking about the events of the day. God is good... so very good!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

umm, I love this post. and agree with all of it.

I have part of that derek webb song stuck in my head now:

"I am thankful that I'm incapable of doing any good on my own..."