Friday, December 4, 2009

I just have to laugh.

So, the past few days have been rather odd, but slightly humorous. I thought I would share a few stories with you all.

Story 1:
Setting: Lobby of my dorm room, talking to my old RA. In walks this guy (his name starts with a J, past that, I don't remember). He sits down on the couch between Kaitlyn and I and starts talking with her (they are friends, don't worry). Eventually I become part of the conversation. Ten minutes later the realization hits that guy and I have not ever met. We exchange pleasantries. Here is what unfolds:

Guy: Where are you from? oh wait, don't tell me, let me guess.
Me: Oh, ok. Go for it.
Guy: Give me the state
Me: Texas
Guy: (looks at me intently for a few minutes... sufficiently awkward) When people as you where you are from, you answer Houston, right?
Me: (thoroughly surprised) Well yeah!
Guy: But you aren't technically from Houston, right? You are from a suburb of Houston, right?
Me: (kind of freaked out, yet impressed) Yeah, you are right.
Guy: Is it an area similar to Katy?
Me: Yeah, it is similar, but no it's not Katy.
Guy: Ok, past that I don't know any other areas other than Magnolia, and that's not it.

I told him where I was from and both my RA and I were in shock as to how he guessed. Apparently, DFW girls have a certain "look," which I was lacking. I am not sure whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. He said he was between either Houston or Tyler. Very weird, but pretty funny. Today, I saw this guy again as I was walking to the ARA (our cafeteria) and he waved enthusiastically and said "Hey new friend!" Ha. So apparently, I got a new friend out of the deal. Cool.

In other news:
1. Our Civ professor brought her dog again today.
2. We got out of Civ an hour early.
3. I found out today, our physiology professor will be placing a curve at the end of the semester that could very possibly bring my B to and A! It is not set in stone, of course, but for the first time all semester and A is a realistic possibility. I am trying not to get my hopes up and just keep working hard, but this is rather encouraging news.
4. I am ready for break! That also means lots and lots of fun reading! :) I have a list going and I am pumped to get started.
5. It is snowing in Texas. Remind me why I left the state?! ;)
6. I have a super creepy stalker. He sits next to me in Civ. Awesome. He is a 5th year senior, ex baseball player and loves to get wasted on the weekends. A real winner.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Dude, these guys are all up in your bizz!

Nice ;)

I'm still pulling for the stalker. He seems to really like you.