Sunday, February 7, 2010

Greatest. Day. Ever.

This was the superbowl that my family has been waiting for for the past 43 years. My pop and uncle Sam where at the first ever Saints game, and went to just about every home game over the next 20 or so years. My grandpa said that he never thought he would see this moment during his lifetime. I can't even begin to describe to you the joy felt by the entire Evans clan. My father was even giddy with excitement. I talked to him, my gma and my gpa on the phone tonight. Not a lot of words were exchanged... just a lot of screams and squeals and "oh my gosh"! It was so excited to see a city that (although I never had the opportunity to live in) I love win this game. I really like the Colts and Peyton Manning, don't get me wrong, but this means so much to the City of New Orleans and to my family as a whole. It was a beautiful sight. I have never been so emotionally invested in a game before. I don't care if that sounds dumb.

One of my favorite things was seeing Drew Brees on the podium after the win, tears in his eyes, holding his son, pure joy on his face. It was truly beautiful. Take some time and check out these pictures. They really choked me up. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5479/gallery/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,getty:20050301:nfl,photo,27c24af700fee1176e1c2849657b6b05-getty-spo-fbn-super_bowl-xliv:1

I am also so glad that Drew won MVP. I felt that he deserved to win it for the league, but alas, his time finally came. I hope that now he can finally be considered an "elite" quarterback alongside Peyton and Tom.

Gosh I am so happy. Seriously. I don't want to hear from any of you Saints haters, please. I just want to enjoy this moment. WHO DAT!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Girl, I'm so excited for you. Ha. Hopefully this is just one of many...

Casie said...

I am so glad that I got to share this w/you. Great game, great night.

Molly said...

I am very, very excited for you, Marie :):) When they won, I was happy secretly because I was imagining how you were reacting!