Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Breaking Free!

First off, I had a great birthday! It was definitely different, and it didn't feel like a birthday by any means, but it was good. God really provided some really wonderful people in my life to help make this day special. I am so blessed in that. Special thanks to:
1. Danielle Weghorst, my best friend. There are no words.
2. Casie Trotter, my precious roommate. She gave me a wonderful gift and she's been so encouraging to me.
3. Lauren Loughridge, my other dear roommate. I loved getting to share our birthdays in the same week. She is such a blessing!
4. Amanda Layman and Kacie Jo for sharing a birthday meal with me.
5. Zachary, Trey and DG for their prayers over me.
6. Molly Roberts for finding the time to call me and tell me happy birthday.

I have completely avoided studying all day. I need to get on that so I don't bomb my test tomorrow! yikes!

I am SO excited for this weekend! I am ready to see God move in the lives of these students and really change hearts, including my own. I can't wait to meet these girls and really pour into them and share the wonder of God's love with them. It will be awesome!

In preparation for this weekend, I will be taking part in a media fast all day Thursday. Only Christian music. No TV. No movies. No FB. No Twitter. No blogging. Only using my phone for important communication (ie, when I am traveling and need to keep my family updated). Let's all be praying for this weekend! God is mighty to save! :)

1 comment:

Casie said...

I love you. And I cannot wait to hear about this weekend! I'll be praying for you and your girls regularly!